The verdicts in the trial over the 27 April 2017 attacks in Parliament were announced on Friday. Former Public Security Bureau Director Mitko Cavkov was sentenced to 18 years in prison. Dusko Lazarov, Mitko Pesov, Goran Gjosevski, Munir Pepic, Jane Cento, Vlatko Trajkovski and Nikola Mitrevski were each given 15 years. Vilijam Mihajlovski was sentenced to 14 years in prison, while Oliver Popovski was given a 13-year-sentence. Mladen Dodevski, Goranco Angelov and Igor Jug were each sentenced to 12 years in prison. Oliver Radulov was given a 10-year sentence, while Aleksandar Vasilevski and Abdulfeta Alimi were sentenced to eight and seven years, respectively. Judge Dobrila Kacarska said the attacks would go down in history with black letters. Prosecutors said they were satisfied with the sentences, whereas the defendants’ lawyers expressed dissatisfaction, adding they would appeal. The proposal for a detention measure for all 16 persons was accepted. Previously, the defendants, with the exception of some of them, had requested not to be in detention until the verdict became effective. Igor Durlovski wasn’t sentenced because the act he’d been charged with hadn’t been proven.